Monday 14 July 2014

Learning



The past two years have been a bit trying for me. A lot of changes, mistakes, heart aches, stress etc. But it has also taught me a lot. About others and about myself. It really has been a roller coaster ride which I hope will come to an end soon. But until then I am learning to adapt & adjust.

I am learning to

  • Be alone and appreciate that loneliness
  • Love myself.  Find the beauty in every inch of me. I am my worst critic and tend to nit pick everything,  from the way I look to the person I am. Need yo love me more
  • Take my own advice ( I think we all have this problem)
  • Be more of a go getter. I see many of my friends and people I know accomplishing their dreams and I know it's all because they put themselves out there. I need to learn to do this. I think I tend to play it too safe.
  • Step outside my comfort zone. My haircut has been a step in that direction.
  • Ask for help. Sometimes my pride gets the best of me.
  • Be more patient. Becoming a mother has taught me patience but I could do with a lot more.
  • Chose my words carefully. I tend to be a bit blunt which not everyone can handle. 
  • Pray & meditate more. When i do these they bring me peace but I haven't been doing much of it so I need to get back on track.
  • Realise that I am enough. I worry a lot if I am enough for my son n if I will be enough for someone (this is due to past relationships)
  • Worry less. I worry about practically everything.
  • Accept the things and people that I cannot change. 
  • Lower my expectations but not my standards.
  • Realise that I am blessed. God has graced me with a mother,  friends, a son and a "brother" that are amazing and at times I forget that. I also have life and am able to take care of things that need to be taken care of.
  • To be happy. Not to settle but to learn to be happy, no matter what. There is beauty in everything and I need to learn to see that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment