Thursday 14 May 2015

Throwback to Mother's Day

As you know, I have been feeling like a failure at this mothering thing so I wasn't really looking forward to this day. I love being a mother, I am slightly obsessed with [okay more than slightly] my child and I look forward to having many more kids but not being able to be more hands on really gets to me.

I rang in Mother's Day out at Ribbiz [a bar & lounge] for a friend's birthday. It was nice to be out especially since I don't do much of that, with work and all. Then the morning of, I was woken up by my cousin who brought me breakfast. Even though I really wanted to sleep some more, cause I had a slight hangover from the night before (mama not used to this going out biznaz), it was for food so it was all good. Soon after my son came home, yay!! He gave me my gift and we chilled all day in bed. I was still a bit exhausted so I fell back asleep. Unfortunately I had work so when I woke up it was a rush to get ready & be out of there. This would be the second time working on Mother's Day and like last year, I brought Jaz along with me. It's always great to have him around.

When we got back home, soon after, my Godmother & Godsisters came by and we all, (me, mom, them and my cousin) sat in the living room just chatting and laughing away. I love moments like that.

So as simple as my day was, I did enjoy it & appreciated all the Mother's Day messages I received. Also to top off the day, my "cousin" (not my real cousin but we grew up together) & his girlfriend (we went to school together) had their baby. He is so precious.

I hope all you mothers had a good day also. Isn't motherhood just a blessing???

OOTN (Bathroom selfie)

Me & the Birthday girl


My favourite mix (when I do drink); White rum & Coconut water

Breakfast in bed; Chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, corn muffin & hot chocolate

Jaz's gifts 

Me & my love muffin

At work with his leappad

There was homework to be done


Getting some loving



Piggy-back rides

Xoxo
Mandi


0 comments:

Post a Comment