Tuesday 26 May 2015

Conversations that resonate: I complain too much


Today I was messaging a friend, the conversation went as follows:

Him: how r u?
Me: not bad
Him: yay
Me: lol OK then
Him: normally u complain about ur day...
Me: 😒 am I that bad?
Him: pretty bad

Honestly that hit me hard. Am I always complaining about something? Am I unbearable? Do I only speak negative about my days? Then I really thought about it & realized this may just be true. If I am not speaking some form of negativity I am thinking it. It's as if I never allow myself to be completely happy about something & constantly nitpick at my days &/or life. How horrible that is & how depressing. I speak about positivity & letting go of negative things and people yet I don't live a positive life, and this is true. I have the worst confidence in myself. I constantly doubt who I am, my talents and every situation. I am afraid to get excited about things cause I feel in the end it just won't be good & so it never is. I speak things into being & those things aren't always good.

So I am challenging myself to do better & be better. To speak positively & live positively. I have a friend who every time I rant about things and start doubting, she tells me to fill my thoughts of good things, of my blessings. I need to do this more. I won't be unrealistic about life because at the end of the day shit happens and you need to talk about it. I just won't make a habit out of speaking the bad stuff.

I also challenge you to do the same, make it be a habit to not dwell on the negative but to continually speak positivity into your life & to others.

Xoxo
Mandi

0 comments:

Post a Comment