Saturday 10 May 2014

Confession: I miss my locs

So after having my locs for almost 8 yrs I decided last month to cut them and pull them out. Whhhyyyy oh whyyyy did I do that??? I am not saying I don't love my natural hair, it's just that I miss my locs. They were so long and gorgeous.

My locs before I cut them shorter



My locs when I cut them into a bob 




Reason for cutting them is just that I wanted a change, also I have been stressing quite a bit, deep down and I guess cutting my hair was a way to release. I just felt like I wasn't in control of a lot of things in my life and haven't been so cutting my hair was the only control I had. Luckily,  it is just hair and I can grow it back and shall loc my hair back for sure. Sometimes when I see someone with locs I think to myself "mine was sooo much longer than that" "mine was soo much nicer" lol. Sigh

All I can do is be patient, love self, locs or not and be happy with who I am. It's a new journey and a chance to reinvent myself.

My hair now 




Sincerely, 
Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment