Wednesday 14 May 2014

Finding time for my passion

I am a creative being. I live for art, design, anything that makes me use my imagination and brings me to a play not confined by normalcy and structure.

From I was a little girl I have been dabbling in the arts. Loved drawing things around me. When I was around 17 I did a summer course in Interior Design at Paeson: The New School. Then for a while after that I lost it, or at least it went into hidding. I would write poetry here and there and thoughts but my drawing and artistic energy dwindled.  Basically I lost myself. Then finally last year summer, while I wasn't working, I just started painting,  something I had never really done. I have always been a sketcher and love pointalisim but never really tried painting and then I did and now I love it.


In January I treated myself to a sewing machine, my baby. My passion is to create a Kid's Line. I do want to design other things but kid's items are at the forefront of my dreams. Why? I have a son. I am creative. I find the clothing in Jamaica limited with style for kids, let alone boys. I love anything kids ( this has always been me). My Kid's Line won't just stop at clothing but I intend to create a collection,  from accessories to kid's home decor. It excites me jus thinking about it.

The depression sets in because finding the time and money to make this dream come true is so hard. I work two jobs and still literally live paycheck to paycheck. So my time is beyond limited.  I sew in the little free Time I have which I have to balance between cleaning, getting other things done and giving my son my attention. Lord knows I wish I never had to work this hard. I keep telling myself maybe whatever hour I reach home, I should just try and get some sewing done but then I am already sleep deprived, what good will that do me?

I guess time will tell. I won't give up on my dream. I knpw what I want and I will work as hard as I can to get it.




Sincerely, 
Me


0 comments:

Post a Comment